Live Infield Drill (3 Stations)
Station #1: Basic Infield
• Field the ball and throw the runner out at first.
• Ignore the runner on third. DO NOT THROW THE BALL TO HOME PLATE.
Station #2: Running Home to First Base
After the coach hits the ball sprint down to first base in foul territory.
• Sprint through the bag.
• Do not dive because it doesn't get you there any quicker.
• Listen for the coach to say, "Run hard" or "Round the bag". Coach will say round the bag only if the ground ball gets through the infield.
• The first base coach will have a stopwatch. The coach will tell you the time after running through the bag.
Station #3: Running 3rd to Home
Before leading check the infielders to see what depth they are playing at. Score on grounders to players positioned deep in the infield
. Know who is deep and who is shallow.
• Hold the bag on balls hit back to pitcher or at third base.
• Freeze on a line drive.
• Take off on a contact play or with two outs in an inning.
Submitted by: Chris Dulavitch